In this article we would like to explain the difference between our two types of leather: full grain leather and nobuk leather.
Before we start, we have to say that all types of leather we use are bovine, top quality and with an unusual thickness of about 3 millimeters, what make them very resistant and, therefore, it protects our feet.
All materials we use to manufacture our shoes are acquired in the European Union, and so it is the leather.
Full grain leather
This type of leather is the highest quality grade of leather, the strongest and most durable. It is obtained from the top layer of the hide and this makes it have some special characteristics:
- This leather tells a story, and therefore it may have small natural imperfections or marks done by lesions, bites or wrinkles the animal can have had.
- It is the most breathable leather.
- It can be cleaned easily.
On the other hand, we have the nobuk leather. In this case, it is exactly the same leather, but they have buffed the grain side, producing a velvet-like surface. It can be similar to suede, but contrary to this one, it is created from the outer side of a hide, what makes it stronger and thicker.
The main characteristics of this type of leather are:
- It looks more uniform, as the outer layer has been removed by sanding it.
- It is a bit more difficult to clean than the full grain leather.
- It is soft to the touch.
In both cases, we use top quality leathers, and the choice of one or the other, depends most on your personal liking and the use you are going to make of your Dippner shoes.
We hope this article has been useful for you!
If you need any further information, remember that our team is always there for you on our email email@example.com.
Have a nice day!